|Hand-spun & hand-dyed Mohair|
- I became intrigued with something called "Swing Knitting" and explored the techniques and potential for infinite variation through this fascinating approach to using short rows.
- Learnt a little about Elizabeth Zimmerman and her approach to garment design through knitting a vest from a 1950s pattern.
- Discovered both the pleasure and frustration in knitting fine silk yarn into a lace shawl.
- Knitted up some hand-dyed German sock yarn into a stunning collar.
- Delighted in knitting mohair, hand-spun and hand-dyed yarn by a friend, into a lacey, floppy beret.
|Kyoto in Autumn|
Weaving is definitely back on the agenda soon though, as I am off to Japan shortly for intensive weaving workshops in Osaka at Saorinomoro. Spending time also in Takayama during their famous Autumn festival and also visiting Kyoto. Won't be at all surprised if these strong autumnal tones appear in my weaving on my return!
|Saorinomoro in Osaka, Japan|
|Autumn in Takayama|