Thursday, November 22, 2012

from Elation to Exhaustion

Participating in an exhibition is at once exciting and exhausting. If you've done it, you will know exactly what I mean! Hence the delay in this, the 2nd post on ArtWeaver.

With six pieces of weaving to finish, plan and make display mounts, ensuring everything was hung to satisfaction, plus an exhilerating exhibition opening night, I had plenty to keep me focussed throughout the entire month of October.

Viewing one's own work on display in a gallery gives a different perspective and a new context. I was able to look afresh at each weaving and see its relationship within the six pieces exhibited.  The physical scale of the gallery space suited the work and, to my eyes, they all looked in their right space.

Images below are variously from Brunswick Street Gallery, Screaming Pixels, Candice Deville and Greg Walters. Thank you each for your excellent photography!

 This one has to be my favourite pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment